Monday 2 June 2014

Danol's Retribution - Reaver-Class Titan of the Legio Invigilata

So week and a bit "wasted" repainting the shoulder pad and knee pad checkers.......

But I have learnt a number of things about myself in the last two weeks
  1. I have the paticence of a saint.
  2. In the face continuous disappointment I manage to continue with a smile on my face.
  3. I am not happy with ok...I must have things right to the point of perfect. To the point of obsessing.
Maybe not good on all three but 2 out of 3 ain't a bad return on positive self evaluation.

But at the end of the 2 weeks I have almost managed to get them as perfect as they were the 1st time they were redone and the varnish made the red run, suffice to say they are as near as damn it to perfection without spending the next 12 months redoing them and loosing my mind.....my patience would run out eventually right?

So after two weeks of staring at 1cm squares working on something different was a nice change.

Queue the scroll work, I decided that this had the biggest risk of going wrong so I chose to tackle it first all the way to the point of finishing; although I do need to reapply some highlights to the cracking etc on the torso scroll work, the small unreadable scripting on the trailing scoll, and maybe an aquilla inbetween the lines that seperate the top and bottom phrases.  Less talk more pictures 


Translates from Latin as ...... yes you got it Retribution!  But there will be one that decides to point out I missed off an "N"


Translates as.......
Semper Vigilo - Always Vigilant
Custodi Imperatoris - Emperor's Guard 
Deus Bellum - God of War (although this is terrible latin more like God War - "Martem" is what it should be but that would have left too much space)
Educis Mortis - Bringer of Death

End of the day, am happy as larry that I am not painting checkers still :D

Take care and stay awesome.   

No comments:

Post a Comment